The role of SIAS is to:
- Support the professional interests of younger members of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (“IFoA”), particularly students and those with up to five years post-qualification experience.
- Act as the regional actuarial society for London and South East England.
The objectives set out below provide a framework within which SIAS fulfills this role. Details of how the SIAS committee seeks to meet these objectives are set out in the Long Term Plan.
The objectives of SIAS are:
- To provide opportunities, particularly for younger members of the profession, to:
- attend and participate in open discussions of professional interest;
- prepare papers and/or presentations on topics of professional interest;
- encourage social contact with each other; and
- share experiences of the IFoA’s education program.
- Help members in their professional development.
- Represent the interests of SIAS members.
More information about SIAS’s rules are set out here.