About the Meeting
The MRSC is responsible for guiding the profession’s research in the areas of longevity, mortality and morbidity such that it is recognised as a thought leader in this area. It has recently been reviewing what the priorities and have identified 6 areas that we believe are the most important areas of research that should be the current focus and these are:
- Predicting future population mortality improvement
- Forecasting trends in morbidity
- Managing risk in products providing longevity protection
- Tools and techniques used for analysing portfolio experience
- Supporting the Profession’s efforts in resolving the challenge of providing older age care
- Communication of complex risk behaviours in ways that are easy to understand
We would like to share our thinking on these with you, outline what will be done to progress these areas and gain your thoughts and suggestions.
Sacha Dhamani, Chair of the MRSC
Please arrive at 5.30pm to sign-in before a 6pm start.
Sandwiches and drinks will be served after the talk.
SIAS Online Pub Quiz 2021
It's that time of year again and what better way to start the New Year than with the SIAS online pub quiz! This year with COVID its not possible to hold the event at a pub. On the plus side you c...
SIAS best exam mark competition
IFoA exam results will be announced on 15th/17th December and the best mark for each IFoA exam passed (excluding CT9) during the Sept/Oct 2020 sitting will be rewarded with a £50 Amazon voucher and...
(VIRTUAL) Practical Actuarial Data Science: An experience analysis case study by Actuartech
This presentation aims to show the actual understanding of experience for an in-force book using life insurance data. The presentation will show each step from importing and cleaning, model buildin...