About the Meeting
The MRSC is responsible for guiding the profession’s research in the areas of longevity, mortality and morbidity such that it is recognised as a thought leader in this area. It has recently been reviewing what the priorities and have identified 6 areas that we believe are the most important areas of research that should be the current focus and these are:
- Predicting future population mortality improvement
- Forecasting trends in morbidity
- Managing risk in products providing longevity protection
- Tools and techniques used for analysing portfolio experience
- Supporting the Profession’s efforts in resolving the challenge of providing older age care
- Communication of complex risk behaviours in ways that are easy to understand
We would like to share our thinking on these with you, outline what will be done to progress these areas and gain your thoughts and suggestions.
Sacha Dhamani, Chair of the MRSC
Please arrive at 5.30pm to sign-in before a 6pm start.
Sandwiches and drinks will be served after the talk.
SIAS Social goes Virtual: Boardgame night
SIAS invites you to play board games virtually from the comfort of your own home. Come on your own or with friends but you will have to opportunity to meet new people and play board games with the...
Zoom details to follow
Fancy spending your one time a day run or walk connecting with other actuaries and helping out your chosen charity?
All you have to do is:
1. Take a photo or a selfie pre or post your run or wal...
(VIRTUAL) An introduction to Micro-Insurance
"An introduction to Micro - Insurance"
In response to our members feedback, for our 2020 programme we are planning 3 talks that explore the work the actuaries do in non traditional actuarial fi...