About the Meeting
The 2017 North Atlantic hurricane season was one of the most active on record. We saw multiple hurricanes coming close together causing significant damage and human loss. The talk discusses whether 2017 was an exceptional year or indicative of what we expect to see in the near future, and the implications for (re)insurers.
The talk would be delivered by Dimitris Papachristou, Actuary - Research at PRA, Bank of England, and would cover the following content:
- Description of different types of North Atlantic hurricanes and their climatology;
- Analysis of the observed trends and discussion on relevant academic literature;
- Fitting of a statistical model to the frequencies of major hurricanes.
- Discussion on the results and projection of probabilities of multiple hurricanes and the likelihood of their occurrence close to each other;
- The impact on re/insurers
Please arrive at 5.30pm to sign-in before a 6pm start.
Snacks and drinks will be served after the talk.
(IN PERSON EVENT) Why everything is awesome (6-7.00PM)
In 2021, George’s book, Pugnare: Economic Success and Failure was published. This thought-provoking book is the first historical account of the Roman Empire written from a practical business perspe...
Grant Thornton, 30 Finsbury Square, London, EC2A 1AG
SIAS Boat Party 2022
Please use the following link to buy tickets - https://www.metooo.io/e/siasboatparty2022
In 2022 we welcome back some sense of normality and the return of the long-awaited SIAS boat party!