About the Meeting
The 2017 North Atlantic hurricane season was one of the most active on record. We saw multiple hurricanes coming close together causing significant damage and human loss. The talk discusses whether 2017 was an exceptional year or indicative of what we expect to see in the near future, and the implications for (re)insurers.
The talk would be delivered by Dimitris Papachristou, Actuary - Research at PRA, Bank of England, and would cover the following content:
- Description of different types of North Atlantic hurricanes and their climatology;
- Analysis of the observed trends and discussion on relevant academic literature;
- Fitting of a statistical model to the frequencies of major hurricanes.
- Discussion on the results and projection of probabilities of multiple hurricanes and the likelihood of their occurrence close to each other;
- The impact on re/insurers
Please arrive at 5.30pm to sign-in before a 6pm start.
Snacks and drinks will be served after the talk.
SIAS Prosecco and Painting night
SIAS invites you to a night of painting and bubbles. You will have the opportunity to paint a piece of pottery of your choosing from a bowl to maybe something Christmas themed or maybe an animal s...
Arty Club, 129 Shirland Rd, London, W9 2EP
Run your 5k with SIAS
Fancy a swanky SIAS water bottle and a £20 donation to your chosen charity?
1. Take a selfie pre or post your parkrun*;
2. Post it on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn with the very import...
Dates for SIAS Talks in 2020
Dates for SIAS talks in 2020 are now set. Details on topics and speakers to follow soon.