About the Meeting
The 2017 North Atlantic hurricane season was one of the most active on record. We saw multiple hurricanes coming close together causing significant damage and human loss. The talk discusses whether 2017 was an exceptional year or indicative of what we expect to see in the near future, and the implications for (re)insurers.
The talk would be delivered by Dimitris Papachristou, Actuary - Research at PRA, Bank of England, and would cover the following content:
- Description of different types of North Atlantic hurricanes and their climatology;
- Analysis of the observed trends and discussion on relevant academic literature;
- Fitting of a statistical model to the frequencies of major hurricanes.
- Discussion on the results and projection of probabilities of multiple hurricanes and the likelihood of their occurrence close to each other;
- The impact on re/insurers
Please arrive at 5.30pm to sign-in before a 6pm start.
Snacks and drinks will be served after the talk.
SIAS Plays Board Games 2020
SIAS invites you to the mother of all games nights! From those games you played as a child, to games for the more serious gamers; this night is guaranteed to bring out your competitive side.
Draughts Waterloo, 16 Leake Street, London, SE1 7NN
The talk will cover:
• Why cyber security is regarded as the top threat to businesses (Allianz Risk Barometer 2019)
• What is causing the shift in threat landscape
• Who is attacking, why, and h...
Staple Inn, London, WC1V 7QJ
How we relate to others at work, whether they are colleagues, clients, prospective clients or other business contacts is key to individual career progression and business performance. People buy pe...