About the Social Event
As part of our “SIAS taste” series this year please join us for bottomless Cake and Prosecco courtesy of Konditor and Cook. You will be able to feast on:
* Curly Whirly - their bestselling Belgian chocolate sponge with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting
* Chocolate Noisette - Wheat free toasted hazelnut sponge with smooth mascarpone & Gianduja chocolate frosting
* Lemon Chiffon - Light lemon sponge with zesty lemon cream cheese frosting
* Victoria Sponge - Classic vanilla sponge with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting & raspberry jam filling
* Red Velvet - Fluffy chocolate buttermilk sponge with mascarpone & cream cheese vanilla frosting
and many more including some seasonal specials. You will also have unlimited Prosecco to quench your dry throats.
Come with empty stomachs if you want to get the most bang for your pound! You will only have 2 hours to gorge on Cake and drown in Prosecco. The real challenge will be to decide how much to drink vs eat! We leave it for you to decide.
There will be a non alcoholic alternative to Prosecco.
At the end of the night if you havent had enough of cake and would like to buy some Konditor and Cook will be offering a 10% discount on any products purchased.
The tasting takes place from 6.30pm at:
Kontidor and Cook, The Gherkin, 30 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8BF.
Kontidor and Cook
The Gherkin, 30 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8BF.
AGM and talk on a monetary approach to economics
The SIAS Annual General Meeting will commence at 5.45pm and be followed by a talk given by the well known economist and author, Steve Keen, at 6pm.
Staple Inn, London, WC1V 7QJ
SIAS Welcome Drinks
SIAS is pleased to welcome its newest members to the society in this evening of drinks, nibbles and networking.
Please join us at 1882 in the City where a number of the SIAS committee members will...
1882, 70 Mark Ln, London EC3R 7NQ
Introduction to the Mortality Research Steering Committee (MRSC)
The MRSC is responsible for guiding the profession’s research in the areas of longevity, mortality and morbidity. We would like to share our thinking on these with you, outline what will be done to...