About the Meeting
Simy Prakash of Ernst & Young will present this talk, covering:
- A backdrop to the current macro-economic environment
- Why insurers should consider reviewing their investment strategy
- Key considerations:
- Overview of Strategy Setting including risk / return objectives
- Setting a strategic Asset Allocation framework
- Liquidity, operational & currency considerations
- Asset managers – guidelines, asset classes, sizing and approaches
- Market Timing
- Liability / regulatory / currency / operational considerations
Please arrive at 5.30pm to sign-in before a 6pm start.
Sandwiches and drinks will be served after the talk.
SIAS Pub Quiz 2019
The quiz will start at 6.15pm, so get there by 6pm in order to secure a good table (and get a round of drinks in!). As always, there will be plenty of great prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places and a...
Steam Wine Bar, 1 St George's Ln, London, EC3R 8DJ
How vaping can save 1 million years of life
This talk be given by representatives of the Adam Smith Institute (ASI) and will set out the current state of smoking prevalence in the UK, discuss the impacts on health and wellbeing, and evaluate...
Staple Inn, London, WC1V 7QJ
SIAS Pool Tournament
This year’s pool tournament will be taking place on 20th February 2019 at Riley’s Victoria, London, SW1W 9QJ.
You will need to be in a team of two and Tickets are £10 for a SIAS Member and £14 f...