SIAS’s AGM for the year ending 30 June 2018 will take place at 5:45pm on Tuesday, 6 November 2018 at Staple Inn Hall, High Holborn, WC1V 7QJ.
Following the AGM, SIAS’s Jubilee Lecture will commence at 6pm. Please do register in advance if you’d like to attend the AGM / Jubilee Lecture; space is limited and this event is very popular.
At the AGM, SIAS will:
- Present a summary of its annual report and accounts for the financial year ending 30 June 2018
- Confirm SIAS’s Officers for the 2018-19 Committee year and declare the results of the election for the Committee members for the 2018-19 Committee year (detailed below)
- Confirm SIAS’s Auditors for the 2018-19 Committee year
- Consider any other resolutions raised by SIAS members (detailed below)
The SIAS 2018-19 Committee
The changes in the SIAS Committee can be summarised as follows:
- Paul Sweeting retires as Honorary Chair after serving his 2 year term, replaced by Margaret de Valois.
- Kateryna Katyuka retires as Honorary Treasurer after serving her 2 year term, replaced by Yuming Mei
- The other retiring committee member is Gemma Heinson.
- SIAS received 3 applications for new Committee members – given it had 3 vacancies, no election was needed. The new Committee members are:
- Saanya Jain, Markel International, IFoA fellow
- Sameer Sheth, Financial Conduct Authority, IFoA student
- Luke Dangerfield, Rothesay Life, IFoA student
If any SIAS member has any resolutions they would like to be considered at the AGM on 6 November 2018, please email these to Natanya Roelofse, SIAS Honorary Secretary, at email@example.com before 5pm on 04 November 2018.